Portland Physical Therapy Based on Exercise Therapy
At c.h. Physical Therapy, we prescribe physical therapy with an emphasis on exercise therapy to help treat and prevent pain associated with chronic conditions and illnesses.
Research shows that professionally prescribed exercise therapy can help treat and prevent pain associated with spine-related pain, osteoarthritis, shoulder/hip/knee pain, fibromyalgia and other chronic conditions (Arch Phys Med Rehab 2014; Clin J Pain 2015). In fact, exercise therapy may reduce or even eliminate the need for pain medication (BMC Public Health 2015).
c.h. Physical Therapy vs. Traditional Physical Therapy
Our physical therapy services are founded on our in-house, peer-reviewed, post-doctoral Advanced Training Specialist (A.T.S.) program. This program debunks the myth that traditional physical therapy, which tends to rely heavily on passive therapy techniques, is enough to bring lasting change. Instead, our program relies on exercise therapy, which requires you to work alongside your physical therapist to achieve the long-lasting results you seek.
What You Can Expect From Our Physical Therapy Clinics
- You will only work with your dedicated physical therapist. We do not use aides or assistants and you will see the same physical therapist at every session.
- Your physical therapist will be highly trained in PT and exercise therapy. All c.h. physical therapists must complete our A.T.S. program in exercise prescription before seeing patients.
- Your physical therapy sessions will be covered by insurance. Our services are covered by insurance, including Medicare and Medicaid.
- You will be able to follow your program at home and/or gym. We create exercise therapy programs with your home and/or gym facilities in mind. Our goal is to ensure you can follow your program no matter where you are, either in-clinic with us or on your own at home or the gym.
- You will see results if you follow your program. The A.T.S. program applies biomechanics, sports medicine and neuroscience to maximize benefits while minimizing joint forces. Consequently, c.h. Physical Therapy exercise programs are more effective and efficient than conventional physical therapy programs.
Are You Ready for a PT Program That Will Actually Work? Contact Us Today.
Our A.T.S. program is unlike any other out there. And it delivers more effective, efficient results than traditional, passive physical therapy practices. If you’d like to see how the A.T.S. program can work for you, we encourage you to contact our offices today. Physician referrals are usually not required.
Let’s Talk About Your Physical Therapy Needs
We’d like to start putting together a custom plan for you. Just call or email us with your physical therapy requirements and we’ll get started today!
Call c.h. Physical Therapy at